What is going on with the pier these days?

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 am

Certainly that can't mean closing the entire pier. That would be stupid. Hey....bring back the pier like it used to be (waaaay back in the day)....Bait and Tackle and some drinks and be done with it.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue May 06, 2014 5:54 am

Any information on the pier management presentation / update to the SRC board meeting yesterday?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Tue May 06, 2014 6:43 am

SouthernBreeze wrote:Any information on the pier management presentation / update to the SRC board meeting yesterday?
Navarre Press is saying they will carry a full report - as and when we get access I'll cut and paste the text.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue May 06, 2014 7:03 am

Thanks Brian. Didn't think about checking the NP.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue May 06, 2014 7:11 am

On the Navarre Press facebook page they posted the headline "Delays causing pier partnership rift". "Scott Rayner explained they didnt walk into a turnkey facility. There was no store, no kitchen, pretty much zero assets. we instead focused on what we have to do to get all the operations opened." Hmmm...
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue May 06, 2014 9:43 am

Again, follow the new operator's money or lack thereof. I have been saying this since early February. Those that wanted Dorothy Slye out are getting exactly what they deserve which includes many readers on this forum. Do you feel better now?
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue May 06, 2014 12:16 pm

And you can throw politics in that mix as well.
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Tue May 06, 2014 1:08 pm

http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/bocc/meetings.cfm. May 5 BOCC Meeting with a report on the Pier Operation. Just scroll the viewing bar to about 59 minutes.
Sandstomper

Tue May 06, 2014 7:51 pm

"Change" initiated by government is great, right? Who among us is surprised that if government doesn't perform due diligence on "change" it doesn't end up as the promised result.

If private business engaged as government, we would be more down the river than we already are.

As I've said before and I know I'm beating the same drum as Mr. Wilder, look at all the lost tax revenue to the county as a result of their "change" to the pier management.

"Hope" that the "change" will eventually benefit our precious Paradise.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Wed May 07, 2014 7:40 am

Sandstomper wrote:"Change" initiated by government is great, right?
Sometimes it is... At others it certainly isn't. This was one "change" that may not have been in everyone's best interests. Having observed many actions from SRC, I am of the view that by and large, Milton does not act in the best interests of the south end of the county. It is why there is an active "Incorporation" movement for a "City of Navarre". Irrespective of my (or anyone else's) views about this, I most certainly can understand the desire for it.
Sandstomper wrote:"Hope" that the "change" will eventually benefit our precious Paradise.
So do I. Navarre needs a happy and good pier. A great place for everyone. It wasn't ideal before, and is possibly a little bit less so now, but I hope it will improve and be back to something like we want it to be before the end of the summer.

We will see.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat May 10, 2014 10:21 am

Was wondering what Ms. Pat is up to these days. Does she come to the pier?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat May 10, 2014 3:19 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:Was wondering what Ms. Pat is up to these days. Does she come to the pier?
I'd be keeping well clear... I understood that the farm was the location of preference now, but I am open to correction if anyone knows better than me.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat May 10, 2014 3:20 pm

It seems this was put up recently....

Hot food at the pier. Opens Sunday.

NOTE: This is all rumor and may just be someone else's wishful thinking (I'd prefer BBQ Brisket, but then I prefer Texas style), so not confirmed unless someone on here can get over to the pier and verify it for us.

(please?)
Attachments
bbq.jpg
bbq.jpg (131.13 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat May 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Dale and I went out to the Pier this morning and to our surprise ran into David. He said that he arrived back in Navarre yesterday after being in North Carolina for the past 4 months. David said that he has been remodeling a home in North Carolina that he inherited from his Mother. David welcome back home and welcome back to the NBL Forum. It was really great seeing you.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Does anyone (Pensacola Kid?) want me to paste this weeks Navarre Press article about progress on the pier online here? I can send the thing by personal message if you prefer....

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”