What is going on with the pier these days?

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 12, 2014 8:33 am

Nope....post it please Brian. And that BBQ thing at the pier....can that be real? I thought the folks that ran TC's were restauranting at the pier? In other words, bringing that culinary choice to the pier. I suppose it could be real though. To my knowledge there is only one BBQ choice in the Navarre area and that is East River...true?
Sandstomper

Mon May 12, 2014 9:14 am

The BBQ stand was open on Saturday while I was there. Angela brought samples up to the Pier Bar and I was hooked. I picked up a togo plate and it was absolutely delicious!

Please support these folks, they are extremely nice and do an exceptional job. Hope it becomes a fixture at the beach.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 am

PensacolaKid wrote:Nope....post it please Brian. And that BBQ thing at the pier....can that be real? I thought the folks that ran TC's were restauranting at the pier? In other words, bringing that culinary choice to the pier. I suppose it could be real though. To my knowledge there is only one BBQ choice in the Navarre area and that is East River...true?
Scans of the article from Page 1 and Page 9 attached (Image1 is the relvant part of Page 1)...
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Extract from Page 1 (read first)
Image1.jpg (313.2 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
Image2.jpg
Extract from Page 9
Image2.jpg (431.42 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon May 12, 2014 10:04 am

Sandstomper wrote:The BBQ stand was open on Saturday while I was there. Angela brought samples up to the Pier Bar and I was hooked. I picked up a togo plate and it was absolutely delicious!

Please support these folks, they are extremely nice and do an exceptional job. Hope it becomes a fixture at the beach.
Hmmm.... I'm from Texas so BBQ is beef. Brisket to be precise.... Pork belongs in sausages, NOT in BBQ.

8)
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 12, 2014 10:33 am

I am confused....Sandstomper, is the BBQ from the people who run the pier?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 12, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks for posting the article, Brian. Maybe it is the Bama in me but even though I have lived in Texas since 1969 with a stop here and there back in Bama, and even though a great beef brisket is very hard to beat, so is the pulled pig and pig ribs. Man....surely wish I were in East River right now.
Sandstomper

Mon May 12, 2014 11:31 am

Brian, I'm from North Carolina, so we're Porkers with a battle between Eastern NC BBQ or Lexington Style.

P'Kid the BBQ stand in the pier parking lot and I don't think it was affiliated with the pier operators. I didn't see any food being served while I was at the pier bar area. They may be serving, just didn't see any. It appears from the article above that there are some issues with the food portion of the equation.

I will be trying the Texas Beef Brisket the next time I'm in Texas. Sounds awesome!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 12, 2014 12:21 pm

In my opinion Austin has the very best BBQ in the state. Many very famous places to choose from. Yes, it is very hard to beat a really great slow smoked beef brisket. Very hard. However, I will take a pig rib over a beef rib any day.
Razorback

Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Well this old Arkansas boy knows of only one kind of BBQ and it most certainly comes from the Hog! Pulled pork and pork ribs are the best. Now don't get me wrong I love a good smoked brisket but grew up on BBQ pork. I never think about BBQ while at Navarre b/c that is plentiful here in Hog country so we always go the fresh seafood route while down there.
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 am

Hey I'm with ya Razorback....love doing the Seafood thing but most of the time and especially around lunch, I mosey on over to East River and get some good Panhandle BBQ.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri May 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Navarre Beach Fishing Pier restaurant opens for business

The new Navarre Beach pier restaurant will open its doors at 530 p.m., today, Friday, May 23 and will run alongside Lagerheads, the pier bar in the same location.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 am

Well, it appears that little girl behind the counter last week, spoke with a straight tongue. She said it would open this week and BAM.....just happened.
Sandstomper

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

My buddies from Atlanta, Houston and Salt Lake and I had dinner at the pier restaurant on Saturday night. We all ordered the fish tacos (very original group, huh?) We were all impressed by the quality of the fish as well as the generous portions. The service was very pleasant and the kitchen is much faster than the previous. There was a sparse crowd while we were there.

Based on the several times I was there throughout the weekend, it looks like they haven't regained the volume of customers and I heard from a local buddy that some folks have moved on to the Smokehouse or Juana's given the time they were closed.

I had to leave on Sunday, but my brother and our other friends returned for lunch on Sunday and said the crowd was much larger.

The Pier and bar/restaurant is important to Navarre and I for one have buried my ill will toward the government process that brought about the change of operations.

I'll continue to be a customer while I'm in town and I hope others will give it a try as well.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Sandstomper wrote:My buddies from Atlanta, Houston and Salt Lake and I had dinner at the pier restaurant on Saturday night. We all ordered the fish tacos (very original group, huh?) We were all impressed by the quality of the fish as well as the generous portions. The service was very pleasant and the kitchen is much faster than the previous. There was a sparse crowd while we were there.

Based on the several times I was there throughout the weekend, it looks like they haven't regained the volume of customers and I heard from a local buddy that some folks have moved on to the Smokehouse or Juana's given the time they were closed.

I had to leave on Sunday, but my brother and our other friends returned for lunch on Sunday and said the crowd was much larger.

The Pier and bar/restaurant is important to Navarre and I for one have buried my ill will toward the government process that brought about the change of operations.

I'll continue to be a customer while I'm in town and I hope others will give it a try as well.
Great positive report!

Yes, it’s time to put the past 6 months behind us and support the food and beverage at the Navarre Beach Fishing Pier.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”