Seige of Vicksburg, U.S. Civil War

A place to exchange information about past wars and battles.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 am

For any who have walked the battle grounds and seen the on-site presentations, this will be of interest:

http://www.civilwarhome.com/battleofvicksburg.htm
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:18 pm

AngelGirl wrote:For any who have walked the battle grounds and seen the on-site presentations...
A fascinating place isn't it? I have a couple of really great pictures from there too... We did the audio CD tour of the grounds and spent some time at the sites. The grounds are a big mix of the battle sites, museums, and the many monuments.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Almost anything I can say now --- even 150 years later --- would seem trite in comparison to the hardships, misery experienced there and sacrifices made! It is well to remember and apply the lessons of that time to the present inasmuch as it is possible to do so.

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Military History”