It’s Game Week 4 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Nidrah

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:17 am

Was a good game. Interesting story on ESPN this morning:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... l-stealing
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:31 am

Hey look, if a team is smart enough to figure out another team's system, then good on'em. If a team is unable to come up with a system that the other team can't figure out...shame on'em. Now, if there was some type of cheating on the headsets or similar...that should be grounds for disqualification.

In today's big time college and pros, there are 8 people on the sidelines giving hand signals, picture signals, color signals and they are all different. If Auburn figured theirs out, they are smart people and we all know Auburn people are very bright!!! :D
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:25 pm

We have been at the stadium for about 2 hours. We have great seats on the 10 yard line on the west side meaning the sun will be behind us with shade. Perfect seats! Kickoff is in 2 hours (2:30 pm cst)

Right now we are outside of the stadium trying to get fired up.

Can I get a Roll Tide!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:We have been at the stadium for about 2 hours. We have great seats on the 10 yard line on the west side meaning the sun will be behind us with shade. Perfect seats! Kickoff is in 2 hours (2:30 pm cst)

Can I get a Roll Tide!
Have you guys seen HiTide yet???

;)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 am

Some observations from this past Saturday's games. Wow...another great weekend of college football. Not in any particular order but just some things I saw.

Clemson almost beat FSU...dangit! They actually would have won 30-17 if they had made 2 field goals and had completed a stupidly simple pass in the end zone. Clemson is better than than the two losses they have suffered but continue to shoot themselves in the foot. They are out of the picture, in my book but will get a great bowl game.

West Virginia...similar circumstances. Great potential and they are banging on the door but just cannot open it. I think they have potential as well and they are indeed fun to watch.

Oklahoma, strong but did not overpower until the very end. I stick by my original thoughts that Oklahoma will be in the top four at the end of the year. They need to work on a couple of things that almost every team still does but they are strong.

Alabama...started off very strong. Cooper is absolutely in the top three receivers in the country and very exciting to watch. Who knows...he could put himself in a Heisman position. Sims, very impressive! Second most passing yards in Bama history. Much stronger arm than I have seen of him to date. He even impressed the commentators as to how far he has come since Spring Trainign. Stupid mistakes they made throughout the game and I thought Saban was going to stroke out at one point. Bama looked pretty strong and I stand by my thoughts that they will certainly be in the top four.

Miss State...WOW!!! THE MOST impressive State team perhaps on record and make no mistake about it, LSU, TX A&M and Bama...you had better be on your A game when you play these cats. It would not surprise me one bit to see Miss State continue to excel, become stronger and even more confident as the weeks progress. Perhaps the most shocking and revealing team of this week.

Orgeon...were tested by Washington State but folks, WASU is NOT the WASU of old. They are a Stanford type of ball club and are capable of defeating dominating teams. Oregon had a difficult time through 3 quarters but turned it on. The Oregon QB..Mariota...absolutely in the Heisman watch. They are very good and very quick and can score in a heartbeat. I think they came into WASU without the proper respect for their opponents and it could have cost them.

WASU...stronger and more exciting that I could have possibly expected. Fun to watch and a great passing QB.

A&M...played SMU....Nuff said! Can't base anything on that game.

Florida State... dadgummit, I like Jimbo Fisher but I detest the stupid moron, Winston. I am appalled that they even allowed him on the sideline. You why they did....to inspire and motivate the others to play. Win at all costs, man!!!!

Baylor and Auburn idle.

If I had to base the West SEC on games to date, I would have to say it is going to come down to MS State and Bama. Auburn had better fix their holes and for some reason, I am thinking they are going to base their season off being able to score and score at will. That won't cut it.

LSU...over rated and will lose at least two if not three.

Nebraska...pretty strong. Not a fan at all of Polini. I think he is a powder keg waiting to explode but I hope for the Nebraska faithful (some of the best fans in college football as is rated yearly) and for college football that Nebraska makes it back up to the top tiers.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:31 am

Glad to see the Razorbacks putting it together. Run.. now pass! Defensive coverage getting better. Still concerned about the slant pass coverage. Physical presence! Wow! WPS!

Now the fun begins! A & M.. buy week.. Alabama! Ouch! The Tide rolled this past weekend.
Attachments
hogs.jpg
hogs.jpg (105.51 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 am

Yes, SO SORRY Redchaz and Razorback...forgot to mention the mighty Pigs. They are coming on!!! They are another great team in the making and I stand by my prediction they will win at least 9 games. Not a fan of their white helmet though. Stick with tradition!
HiTide

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:49 am

AngelGirl wrote:
Kenny Wilder wrote:We have been at the stadium for about 2 hours. We have great seats on the 10 yard line on the west side meaning the sun will be behind us with shade. Perfect seats! Kickoff is in 2 hours (2:30 pm cst)

Can I get a Roll Tide!
Have you guys seen HiTide yet???

;)
We were there taking in all the sights, big crowd hard to catch up with everyone
It was hot for sure but a beautiful day
Now we will be in Navarre Beach for the next 3 weekends, off week then 2 away games, not a bad option

Roll Tide
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am

Another team to watch...ECU. East Carolina. Exciting and the, "Ruffinator"..Ruffin McNeil, who played at ECU has them believing. Who knows...they and MS State cracked the top 25 this week. MS State is absolutely a top 15 team and in a matter of 1-3 weeks may very well be there.

Return to “Sports”