Question regarding "no rentals"

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
lovenavarre

Mon May 04, 2020 9:22 am

First, let me say, it is so wonderful to see people back on the beach. And thanks as always Kenny for this amazing webcam that keeps us sane when we can't be there :)

I have a general question and wasn't sure where to ask, so you can move this if necessary. The Governor of Florida recently extended the short term rental ban "indefinately". My question is - hotels can be open, but rental homes and condos can't. I've been scratching my head on this one and was hoping someone could offer a logical answer.

Our visit isn't until August this year, so I feel we will be able to go. Curiosity got the better of me this weekend :wink:

Thanks - and I hope all are well!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm

LoveNavarre,

We have a rental in July and I have spoken to the rental agency on at least two occasions and they never mentioned anything to me about not being able to rent a property. I will call them and find out.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Ok, I just spoke with Century 21 Island View Reality and they said what most people already know, yes the ban has been extended and there are only 5 hours a day to enjoy the beach. She suspects that by June, certainly July and August the rentals will be just fine but then again this is all new and frankly in my opinion the powers to be nationally don't even know what they are talking about. If it were me and I had an early June to mid June rental, I would be a little nervous. Keep an eye on things, it changes daily.

As long as the news keeps reporting the very worst of the very worst and lying about it half the time and as long as they continue to attribute every single death to Covid (aside from accident, suicide or homicide), it is NOT going to get better quicker. It is asinine to restrict rentals and beach time.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Speaking of rentals I have mentioned many times Mermaidmansions.com as the go to rental agency. I stand by that. We rented last year with them for the oh I don't know the 18th consecutive year or so but just so my(our) forum buddy, Southernbreeze (since he is still on here) knows why we are with C21 this year......only five people and with the location of most of the condos on the east side and not wanting to stay on the east side we had to find what we could find and afford. Sundunes was a bit too small so we are going to try the Emerald Surf this year. Not my first choice by any means but I plan on taking a shower and sleeping there and that is it. Maybe a lot more sleeping if they don't lift that darn 5 hour limit. What the ****? That is the last place a Covid germ would be. The last!
lovenavarre

Mon May 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Hey Pkid :)

We love Mermaid mansions. That is who we have been dealing with for many years. We moved our reservation this year (before the covid mess) to August. I'm sure we'll be fine. We're on the far west end of the island so there will be plenty social distancing lol. I was just trying to understand where the Governor's rational comes in as far as short term rentals, but we could could book a stay at the hotel on the isalnd ?? Just makes no sense to me.

Here's hoping for the craziness to end soon!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Like I said, you can go here but you can't go there. You can do this but you can't do that. They don't know anymore than we do.
Curdoglsu

Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 pm

The restriction appears to be aimed at the rental companies or other licensed owners who rent. The governor’s order is directed at them, not the tourists renting, and threatens those renting with misdemeanor, etc. I am not sure where the Walton County authorities got the power to evict and/or issue misdemeanors to the tenants as published in the paper there recently. If a tourist is there with permission just like family or friends, how can they evict. The “crime” appears to be the licensed agent renting and only they are subject to violation. Anyone know?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed May 06, 2020 7:46 am

Suspect hotel open as they have more "oversight" - on premises - of social distancing, cleaning, etc.?

Also hear that when condo rentals open - planning 72-hours between guests for "cleaning" - extra time for air exchange, or what?
Also, for viruses on surfaces to degrade - 72-hours seems to cover most of what I have read - though on one of the cruise ships it was reported they recovered the virus up to 17-days after a cabin was empty. Whether "viable" or "infective" was - to my knowledge - not tested. Could be just degraded virus RNA particles tested. That is at least one theory of the folks in S.Korea that had recovered but still tested positive for antigen. It was non-viable, non-infective virus remnants. Dunno, everybody is still learning but as a whole are learning more details as we go.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed May 06, 2020 8:36 am

I just wonder, are all these "experts" going to put this much effort into and close down the world when the typical Influenza bug hits next Fall?

I am really sick and tired of the media's absolute agenda in trying to scare the hell out of people. Sick of it. These are crazy and politically motivated people seeking to scare America into just staying home. A big bunch of BS!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2020 7:22 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:36 am
I just wonder, are all these "experts" going to put this much effort into and close down the world when the typical Influenza bug hits next Fall?

I am really sick and tired of the media's absolute agenda in trying to scare the hell out of people. Sick of it. These are crazy and politically motivated people seeking to scare America into just staying home. A big bunch of BS!
Gotta fill the 24/7 news "coverage".
I miss the days of my youth - 30-60 minutes of national news at 5:30 PM. Seemed it was enough to cover what was needed to be covered.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2020 8:44 am

It is absolutely horrible now. This whole thing is whacked out. Fauci could do no wrong. Now he is evil. Fauci and Birx on the left's side. Can't do this or that. Can go here but can't go there. Numbers completely crazy. Hospitals getting incentivized for claiming a death as Covid.
Which is why these numbers are false. Fake News everywhere. Judges fining people and putting them in jail for wanting to provide for and feed their families. Arresting people for being in the ocean. Political agendas and motives everywhere. We no longer know who to believe, nor can you. About the only outlets with even an ounce of rationale and common sense is the WSJ and Fox News. Fox News is also THE only station that actively and prominently proclaims God and the Bible. They do it daily.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu May 07, 2020 3:17 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:44 am
It is absolutely horrible now. This whole thing is whacked out. Fauci could do no wrong. Now he is evil. Fauci and Birx on the left's side. Can't do this or that. Can go here but can't go there. Numbers completely crazy. Hospitals getting incentivized for claiming a death as Covid.
Which is why these numbers are false. Fake News everywhere. Judges fining people and putting them in jail for wanting to provide for and feed their families. Arresting people for being in the ocean. Political agendas and motives everywhere. We no longer know who to believe, nor can you. About the only outlets with even an ounce of rationale and common sense is the WSJ and Fox News. Fox News is also THE only station that actively and prominently proclaims God and the Bible. They do it daily.
Yeah, to me Dr. Fauci's comments on Tinder were a real game changer! :shock:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 am

Well if these reports are true and again we don't know who to believe any longer but if the drug Resendivir costs $1K per pill any wonder why these demonic forces are pushing it. If the hospitals are getting incentivized for attributing deaths to Covid and are getting paid to ventilate, meaning the 75K deaths are false and I believe them to be, what do we believe? Now it appears this Fauci is a devil himself. Each and every day, I am feeling this was a plan all along to hurt America and to assist in the removal of President Trump.

China hates him. DemoncRATS hate him. Gates and Soros have the money and with the many reports that this was a manufactured virus, I don't doubt it for one second. It is all lunacy.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

http://niceville.com/desantis-reopens-s ... -okaloosa/

Information regarding the Governor of Florida and short term rentals. Santa Rosa County is included.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”