Fishing News from Half-Hitch

This is where you can find the Pier fishing reports, Pier photos of those huge fish, and other information. This is a beautiful place to walk along the Pier and shoot memory photos of the Pier and Navarre Beach. Bring your camera and post your Pier photos here!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 am

"A lot of firsts for the year have fallen in the last few weeks for anglers fishing the Navarre Pier. First blackfin, the first king, first Spanish, first pompano and first cobia are all in the history books. Folks fishing the surf have also been having pretty good luck with reds, pompano, and whiting. Not to be left out those fishing the bays are starting to see plenty of reds and specks on the flats. All in all, it truly looks like spring is here at least two weeks early." Read more at ...

https://www.halfhitch.com/stores/half-h ... 03-08-2018
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:59 am

Are pompanos and spanish any good to eat? I see it at Joe Patti's and have never bought.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 pm

redchaz57 wrote:Are pompanos and spanish any good to eat? I see it at Joe Patti's and have never bought.
I surely don't know but if there's a way to make either or both delicious, I'll bet P'Kid has a recipe!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Both are deeeelicious and most certainly Pompano (both broiled with lemon garlic butter). Pompano is one of the top 5 in the gulf in my opinion. Spanish are fantastic filleted and brush with this oil above and broiled. Both very white. Pompano more so than Spanish.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Yep PK! Read your post and mouth started watering.. fresh fish, spring veggies.. will be on the menu soon.

Return to “Navarre Beach Fishing Pier - The Longest Pier In Florida ”