Humberto?

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:48 am

My reaction when I heard the meteorologists introduce us to Humberto was "Oh, no, NOT AGAIN!"

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather ... story.html

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/resizer ... Q2CCPY.PNG
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:05 am

Poor northern Bahama's.....prayers for them.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:24 am

Amen to that, Pete!

When we were on a mission trip there years ago, anytime it just rained a "normal" rain, the shops on Nassau flooded. We were stranded in our hotel more than once by high flood waters. The locals were used to it, though. We were told that's why there were no retail goods placed on lower shelves in the shops! So, you can only imagine what it means to get THIS much rain. Thankfully, this morning's reports indicate that Humberto is moving northeasterly now! Still, there will probably be more flooding. :(
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
marko

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Humberto appears to be a miss but I am keeping an eye on the other disturbance in the Gulf.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2
4. A large area of showers and thunderstorms over the eastern Gulf of
Mexico is primarily associated with a upper-level low pressure
area.  Only slow development of this system is likely during the
next couple of days.  However, conditions could become more
conducive for development early next week as the system moves
over the western Gulf of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.

I'll be in Navarre for a week or so starting Monday. Our friend blocked out a week for us at the Condo and will join us on the next weekend. Hoping for nice weather but always a chance this time of year.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Hope you have a great trip and excellent visit ... October is generally our favorite month there but anytime after the "dog days" is usually pretty good!
AngelGirl

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”