Things are looking up for us Salties

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 am

Hopefully it will be cancelled Pete. I just read an article that said Pensacola's beach Memorial Day events are still cancelled. Probably just as well with that group. I have heard many bad things over the years about that gathering. Gross, depraved activity.

I agree with Pete, no lambasting with me either. I am 61 and I have several issues with this whole thing. Namely 6.

1. What experts are we to listen to? They all differ and frankly they in many cases don't know. We can do this but not that when doing this is far more detrimental than that.
2. They say this is oh so much more contagious. Really? H1N1 infected over 60 million in America alone. We are not even in that ballpark with this.
3. The numbers all across the board do NOT match up. Many many sources including nurses right here in Houston have said that even if a person dies of something else but had Covid, they attach the death to Covid. The numbers are hyper inflated. No way in **** that 90K people have died from this. No way! Plus there is money involved for hospitals.
4. When is the point, at what month will the all clear signal be given and by whom? September? November, next March? And what will "they" be looking for to give the signal? A vaccine? There may not be one. Till no one dies? There will always be death. Until someone else is elected?
5. The media, as I posted yesterday has literally scared the sh*t out of the American public. They would have you believe you will die if you get it, and by the way, in America if you get it, you have a 99.785% chance of being perfectly fine. They have you believing that every air particle you breath, where ever you might be, could have a Covid pathogen in it. Every particle you breath has the potential to have multiple pathogens in it. They are on the earth.
6. None of this hysteria and madness took place with SARS/CoV-1 or H1N1. None and far more people were infected with those. The deaths again with this one, inflated.

No, to each their own but I believe "they" have and will continue to pull the wool over our eyes for political and monetary gains. That is unless by some demonic activity the senile creepy Joe wins and then you watch, Covid will mysteriously disappear. I will never wear a mask on the beach, on the pier or in a restaurant and I have stopped wearing one in the grocery store.
rexy

Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am

Been thinking, that's dangerous to start, does wearing a mask prevent any of the gaseous element we call oxygen, essential to life, from entering our body, what I have been led to believe it's the droplets that the are the bad guys entering or leaving our body.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 am

This is an excerpt from an article on the front page of the Fox News site.

While experts agree the great outdoors reduces the risk of virus transmission as compared to confined areas with stagnant air, they also say there is still a theoretical risk. Critical factors influencing virus transmission from an infectious person to a susceptible person involve physical distancing, duration of time together and surrounding ventilation, doctors say.

This is what I am talking about. "there is still a theoretical risk" Are you kidding me. There is a theoretical risk you will die of a heart attack and not even make it outside. Get over the fear people. You drive 70 miles an hour on a two lane in a 3-5 thousand pound of steel and have another coming at you of the same weight and speed and you pass within 2-3 feet of each other. Every freaking day. That is risk. Covid is not out there just lurking until it has you alone and then pounces. The media has done a number on you.

Did you see on that same from page a man collapsed his lung yesterday from exercising with a mask on?

With that said if you have underlying health issues, in a nursing home, elderly ......ok for a while wear a mask and I will do the same if and or when I am in those situations.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed May 20, 2020 9:52 am

I believe that yes, you are hindering or preventing the same amount of oxygen you normally get from getting into you. Likewise the same amount of carbon dioxide you expel is not the same volume as without a mask. Probably had something to do with the man's lung collapsing.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”